Alibaba DAMO Academy-New Memory System Architect-Sunnyvale
· Define system-level memory architectures including key features, performance requirements, block level definition; develop proof of concept and conduct and/or guide implementation and prototyping efforts.
· Conduct memory and storage system performance study, workloads characterization of datacenter and mobile systems.
· Conduct FPGA/ASIC prototype development and feasibility studies.
· Identify opportunities in traditional computing applications and emerging AI applications; Help define new projects to address these opportunities and play a key technical role in their execution.
· Documentation of architecture, design and IP specifications.
· Create innovative IP, publish at conferences, and generate whitepapers.
· M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Architecture, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
· >5 years of experience in memory and/or storage system architecture or design, good plus in system software and machine learning framework development.
· Fundamental understanding of server memory and storage hierarchies, and the potential performance trade-offs and optimizations involved.
· Great experience in memory/storage subsystem performance modeling, and memory system design or storage system design.
· Good knowledge of C/C++, Python, Linux. Ability and willingness to code and debug hands-on when necessary.
· Good understanding of neural network accelerator architecture with GPU/FPGA etc., and deep learning infrastructure (Torch, Caffe, TensorFlow, etc.)
· Good plus in component logic design, HDL/Verilog development, system integration, and debug.
· Good plus in FPGA design and synthesis tools, simulation tools, and scripting tools for test automation
· Track record of innovation and creativity in problem solving.
· Highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills.