Alibaba Quantum Laboratory (AQL)-Process Engineer, Quantum Computing-Hangzhou
AQL's mission is to realize the revolutionary potentials of quantum computing. Our interdisciplinary and international expert team is based in Hangzhou, China and Bellevue (WA), USA. English is AQL's sole working language.
We are a full stack R&D program with an emphasis on building hardware and systems of superconducting quantum computers. Outstanding candidates from all central areas of quantum computing are welcome to apply. Currently, priorities will be given to device-level theory and simulation, error-correction, quantum computer architecture, and experimental solid-state physics. Our hardware laboratory in Hangzhou includes a dedicated cleanroom.
AQL is proud to be a founding laboratory of DAMO Academy, Alibaba's global research institution.
As a Quantum Process Engineer, you will work in a multifunctional team with scientists and engineers to develop the fabrication processes of superconducting quantum circuits.
• Develop the fabrication processes of superconducting devices.
• Establish and monitor baseline processes of the equipment a fabrication facility.
• Commission new equipment and perform in-house modifications and upgrades on existing equipment.
• Perform device or film characterization using SEM, AFM, FIB and etc.
• Master Degree in a relevant science and engineering fields, such as Electrical Engineering, Physics, Material Science and Chemistry. Ph. D degree preferred.
• Minimum 3-year experience in the fabrication of superconducting/semiconductor-based devices or integrated circuits. Strong expertise in at least one fabrication process amount lithography, etching and material growth. Hands-on experience with multiple fabrication processes is a plus.
• Knowledge of chemistry, electrical and optical characterization techniques, packaging techniques, and epitaxial material growth is a plus.
• Experience in both research laboratory and industrial production environments is also desirable.
• Extensive experience in operating and maintaining an electron-beam lithography system is desirable.
(a) a resume.
(b) a cover letter, in which please state in one or two paragraphs your main accomplishments and the estimated start date of the job you are applying to.