Alibaba Group is seeking a Senior Legal Counsel who will oversee the corporate secretarial and other compliance matters of its Hong Kong listed subsidiaries and its overseas subsidiaries. This is a senior position and the candidate will report to the department head of the offshore corporate secretarial department. This candidate will be based in the Hong Kong office of Alibaba Group and will work closely with the legal, finance and company secretarial teams of Alibaba Group in Hong Kong, supporting its listed and other private subsidiaries, with primary responsibilities and other key requirements in the following areas:
• Lead day-to-day international regulatory compliance, including advising on requirements under the Hong Kong Listing Rules and Securities and Futures Ordinance with respect to financial reporting, notifiable transactions, connected transactions, disclosure of material non-public information, disclosure of interests and other matters, and preparing and/ or commenting relevant documentations (e.g., announcements, size tests, circulars and DI forms, etc.);
• Advise generally on corporate governance matters relating to Hong Kong, including board, board committee and shareholder matters; monitor developments and assist in tailoring governance practices to meet the board’s needs and investor expectations; assist to prepare meeting papers and minutes;
• Assist in the preparation of annual and interim reports and relevant documentations of the Hong Kong listed subsidiaries, including announcements, circulars and ESG reporting;
• Assist the offshore corporate secretarial team on statutory compliance of all offshore subsidiaries of Alibaba Group in different jurisdictions, including annual reporting and other statutory and regulatory filings, and maintenance of corporate minute and other records, including preparation and record keeping;
• Knowledge of the statutory compliance requirements of some less common offshore jurisdictions such as Indonesia, Malaysia, Japan, and some European counties would be a plus but not necessary;
• Support the review of offshore back office contracts of Alibaba Group;
• Lead responses to regulatory investigations;
• Monitor and assist to set up and improve the internal documentation database of Alibaba Group;
• Assist in any ad hoc projects.
• Qualified lawyer with Law Degree and at least 8+ years of relevant experience in company secretarial and regulatory compliance gained in a leading law firm/ major listed company.
• Strong knowledge of the Hong Kong Listing Rules, Securities and Futures Ordinance, Companies Ordinance and the related regulatory compliance requirements;
• Strong experience with public company reporting and compliance, and corporate governance issues and practices;
• Highly motivated self-starter, good team player;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, highly organized and keen attention to detail; and
• Fluent English and Mandarin Chinese proficiency required.
|集团法务部-Legal Counsel-AliCloud International-HK||法务||中国香港||2||2018-11-02|
|集团法务部-LEGAL COUNSEL PROCUREMENT-HK||法务||杭州||1||2018-11-02|
|集团法务部-Legal Counsel （HK）-HK||法务||中国香港||1||2018-11-02|
|集团法务部-Legal Counsel-AliCloud International-HZ||法务||杭州||2||2018-11-01|
|集团法务部-LEGAL COUNSEL PROCUREMENT-HZ||法务||杭州||1||2018-11-01|