Alibaba Quantum Laboratory (AQL)-QuFab Lab Manager-Hang Zhou
AQL's goal is to realize the revolutionary potentials of quantum computing. We are committed to this long-term mission and aspire to build a world-leading program in the next few years. Our interdisciplinary and international team is based in Hangzhou, China and Bellevue (WA), USA. English is AQL's sole working language.
We are a full stack R&D program with an emphasis on building hardware and systems of superconducting quantum computers. Outstanding candidates from all central areas of quantum computing are welcome to apply. For the 2019 hiring, priorities will be given to device-level theory and simulation, error-correction, quantum computer architecture, and experimental solid-state physics. Our measurement lab will be completed in early 2019. While we currently use our partners' facilities for fabrication, we will enjoy our own dedicated, well-equipped cleanroom, which is already under construction.
AQL is proud to be a founding laboratory of DAMO Academy, Alibaba's global research institution.
Alibaba Quantum Laboratory (AQL) was recently launched to realize the revolutionary potentials of quantum information and computing technologies. We are committed to this long-term mission and aspire to build a world-leading program in the next few years. The Laboratory is led by Founding Director and Distinguished Engineer Yaoyun Shi. English is the sole working language of AQL.
• Responsible for effective operation and facility management of Quantum Fabrication Lab (QuFab) of AQL.
• Responsible for construction and assist development of the QuFab. The corresponding work including but not limited to planning, organization and management of administrative matters related to lab design, construction and equipment purchase work etc.
• Research and establish the standard protocols, best practices, procedures, and techniques for effective and safe operation of the laboratory. Supporting internal & external users using QuFab to perform their work.
• Responsible for training users to meet the lab safety regulations, and orienting and training new users in use of core equipment and techniques
• Responsible for maintainence and development of QuFab fabrication process, collaborated with QuFab users and researchers to develop necessary device fabrication process.
• Supporting internal or external collaboration work related with QuFab, and working with both internal staff and external contacts as necessary.
• Master’s Degree in a relevant science and engineering fields, such as Electrical Engineering, Physics, Material Science and Engineering. Ph. D degree preferred.
• Minimum 5 year experience (3 year for Ph. D) of relevant work experience. Cleanroom facility/Lab manager prefered, or engineer/researcher with extensive experiences in using and maintaining the micro-fabrication equipment.
• Familiarity with microelectronics and semiconducting processing related facilities. Experience with micro/nano device fabrication is a big plus.
• Comprehensive knowledge and direct experience in operation and safety monitoring of a cleanroom environment.
• Excellent communication skills, strong leadership and interpersonal skills
(a) a resume.
(b) a cover letter, in which please state in one or two paragraphs your main accomplishments and the estimated start date of the job your are applying to.