Support Tmall’s cross-border and overseas e-commerce business, including consumer facing e-commerce platforms services and retailing business, business to business commerce and trade facilitation services, and extensions thereof;
• Advise on legal aspects of Tmall’s international expansion of current and proposed new e-commerce, technology and service offerings.
• Provide advice and solutions to business teams on legal aspects of the implementation of commercial agreements, business models and strategies, business operations, marketing activities, and product offerings.
• Research local laws and regulations in mainland China and foreign jurisdictions and manage outside counsel.
• Negotiate, draft and review contracts and commercial agreements.
• Provide professional trainings to business team.
• Legal license (PRC and other jurisdiction).
• 5-10 years of post-qualification experience at a leading law firm and/or corporation. In-house experience. International trade or cross-border e-commerce experience would be a plus.
• For PRC candidates, international education and professional work experience. Ability to draft and negotiate legal documents in Chinese and English. For non-PRC candidates, Chinese language proficiency (ability to hold business meetings and draft agreements in Chinese).
• Highly-motivated and able to work independently and under pressure.
• Sincere interest in e-commerce, innovation and technology.
• High integrity and desire to collaborate with others.