Alibaba Quantum Laboratory(AQL)-Process Engineer, Quantum Computing-Hangzhou
AQL's goal is to realize the revolutionary potentials of quantum computing. We are committed to this long-term mission and aspire to build a world-leading program in the next few years. Our interdisciplinary and international team is based in Hangzhou, China and Bellevue (WA), USA. English is AQL's sole working language.
We are a full stack R&D program with an emphasis on building hardware and systems of superconducting quantum computers. Outstanding candidates from all central areas of quantum computing are welcome to apply. For the 2019 hiring, priorities will be given to device-level theory and simulation, error-correction, quantum computer architecture, and experimental solid-state physics. Our measurement lab will be completed in early 2019. While we currently use our partners' facilities for fabrication, we will enjoy our own dedicated, well-equipped cleanroom, which is already under construction.
AQL is proud to be a founding laboratory of DAMO Academy, Alibaba's global research institution.
The goal of Alibaba Quantum Laboratory (AQL) is to realize the revolutionary potentials of quantum computing. We are committed to this long-term mission and aspire to build a world-leading program in the next few years. Our interdisciplinary and international team is based in Hangzhou (Hardware and Systems), Beijing (Applications), and Bellevue, USA (Algorithms). English is the sole working language of AQL.
As a Quantum Process Engineer, you will work in a multifunctional team with scientists and engineers to develop the fabrication processes of superconducting quantum circuits.
• Develop the fabrication processes of superconducting devices.
• Establish and monitor baseline processes of the equipment in QuFab.
• Commission new equipment and perform in-house modifications and upgrades on existing equipment.
• Perform necessary device or film characterization using SEM, AFM, FIB and etc.
• Support Fab manager for necessary user training and orientation.
• Master Degree in a relevant science and engineering fields, such as Electrical Engineering, Physics, Material Science and Chemistry. Ph. D degree preferred.
• Minimum 3-year experience in the fabrication of superconducting/semiconductor-based devices or integrated circuits. Strong expertise in at least one fabrication process of lithography, etching and material growth. Hands-on experience with multiple fabrication processes is a plus.
• Knowledge of chemistry, electrical and optical characterization techniques, packaging techniques, and epitaxial material growth is a plus.
• Experience in both research laboratory and industrial production environments is also desirable.
• Extensive experience in operating and maintaining an electron-beam lithography system is desirable.
(a) a resume.
(b) a cover letter, in which please state in one or two paragraphs your main accomplishments and the estimated start date of the job you are applying to.